Wednesday, November 26, 2008

CULT FICTION #Frank Warren_PostSecrets.



In attempt to compartmentalize my mental scribbles, i've decided to come up with a new topic-specific mini-column "CULT FICTION" - talking about people (from eons ago to current) who made change biggest and smallest way in our life. 

In this series, I'm gonna start with Frank Warren - founder of PostSecrets.

Some years back, when i was strolling in the bookstore, i came across this thick book. I flipped through some pages, and I know that I had to get it.  

Such simple idea, such beautiful mind. What's more endearing it is than to collect secrets, yet help them to release their mind at the same time?

Looking through the pages, I've soon realized that these ordinary people have the most extraordinary creativity in the way they lay their thoughts on to a small postcard. Some of them have even amazed me with the quirky thoughts that ran through their mind, and echoed my very denied and forgotten thoughts.

This man, Frank Warren, made change. 

Here's a trailer for Frank Warren's PostSecret speaking events. Filmed at the Winnipeg Art Museum.





"We think we keep secrets but it is the secrets that keep us." 
- Frank Warren




N oh, what coincidence i found this (new) postcard on their web. >:)


No comments:

Post a Comment